Shaping Hearts Publications Product Descriptions
For anyone who wonders about or digs deeply into the details, the following descriptions should give some satisfaction.
- The box includes songs that appear in flip-books, in which the pages are flipped as the song are sung. The box includes Instructions and an Agenda that guide the use of the songs, thus forming a core curriculum.
- Class in a Box 1 features God – Father, Son, and Spirit. Class in a Box 2 features the Bible story from creation to eternity. To keep teaching fresh and students engaged, use CIAB 1 for six months followed by CIAB 2 for six months.
- The core curriculum is designed to be guided by the Teaching Sheets – each packet containing 13 pages, one for each lesson during a quarter. The Take Home Cards feature graphics matching the Teaching Sheets and may be given to students as they leave class.
- The front side features a full-color graphic of the lesson theme.
- The reverse side provides the teacher with a brief lesson, teaching points, and the memory verse.
- 13 sheets per package, 1 to use for each lesson of a series.
- These cards for small hands reinforce the lesson with a full-color graphic matching the Teaching Sheet.
- Each card features the lesson graphic, memory verse, and Bible reading.
- 13 cards per package; obtain one package for each student
- Bible-centered workbooks with age-appropriate text and vocabulary, full-color pages, and contemporary design.
- Each series has student Workbooks at 4 levels:
Level 1 – emergent readers or 4s & 5s
Level 2 – beginning readers or grades K-1
Level 3 – intermediate readers or grades 2-3
Level 4 – advanced readers or grades 4-5
Each Shaping Hearts series has 1 Teacher’s Guide that is applicable and adaptable to all levels within the series. Each Guide includes:
- Teaching board ideas, photos, resources, and instructions
- Lesson plans to coordinate with lessons in the Student Workbook that may be applied on Sunday and Wednesday respectively.
- Strategies and suggestions for effective teaching
- Teaching tips, instructions, diagrams, and samples
- 8.5″ x 11″ full-color prints illustrating each lesson
- Contains at least 1 print for every lesson in a series
- Large full-color prints of the cover logo and Bible Facts logo of each series plus accent graphics
- Emphasizes the current themes being studied
- 11″ x 17″ full-color maps useful for teaching and corresponding to Shaping Hearts Bible Knowledge Expectations.
- These maps are larger versions of those found in the Student Workbooks.
- Each set also includes large unlabeled maps and smaller grayscale reproducible maps.
- Illustrated, full-color timeline featuring Bible events from creation to eternity
- 28 panels that fit end-to-end stretching 34 feet
- Each book contains 26 grayscale reproducible worksheets corresponding to lessons in the Student Workbooks
- Two worksheets per lesson
- Activity Book 1 – worksheets for non-readers
- Activity Book 2 – worksheets for readers
- Coordinates with God’s Mighty Hand series
- 8.5″ x 11″ original full-color prints of the ten plagues plus several application ideas
- Pages are tiled to be easily glued together to make a 2’W x 5’L wall display
- Depicts the years and conduct of each king and how the kings’ reigns correspond
- Includes a chronology of prophets
- A Bible Class workshop in a book!
- Details components of Shaping Hearts curriculum
- Includes teaching strategies, classroom ideas, decorating techniques, storage ideas, and more
- 1 Guide per classroom recommended
- All series are complete, but not all have been revised and updated
- As of the fall of 2021, 6 series are in their final form, including Student Workbook, Teacher’s Guide, and Extra Stuff
- 24 lessons per series, leaving one week of the quarter for other activities
- Odd-numbered lessons focus on the Bible text; even-numbered feature applications of the Bible-content
- Teacher’s Guide presents a lesson plan, teaching strategies, and application ideas, written especially with men teachers in mind, though useful for all teachers